Uploads by ChanouNumber5

Wednesday 10 March 2010

Flashback to the 90's

Today has been a GOOD day! A very very good day! ... It's probably the first time I've had a permanent smile on my face in almost 5, maybe 6 months and NOTHING has wiped it off =] ... This morning I got a call from someone who offered me a job so I am very very happy about that and other things put a smile on my face as well ;)... but now I'm thinking positive! =D ... Things can only get better hehe! Yay!

After I did about 3 hours of revision today, I decided to dig through some old pictures and other things and it just got me reminiscing about the 90's (since I am a true 90's kid haha). I started thinking about all the old and CLASSIC Disney movies... they were honestly some of the BEST disney movies ever around in the 90's... I have to say Toy Story was and still IS the best! Although I'm sure it freaked out a lot of kids... but I thought it was just an absolutely amazing movie!! hehe ... Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Snow White and the Seven DwarfsAladdin, Pocohontas, Jungle Book, The Lion King ... and sooooo many others... they're just all classics. I think the only recent-ish one that comes close is probably Cars...! ... I love that movie so much haha... the music's awesome in it! xD ... AND WHO REMEMBERS 'THE FOX AND THE HOUND'?!?!? How sad was that movie?!? ... But I think if any Disney movie is to make you cry it has to be Bambi!! Lol ... Screw the conspiracy theories about Disney!! The movies were just AH-MAY-ZIIIIING!

Moving on to other things in the 90s hehe... I know probably every girl had at least ONE Barbie and every boy probably had an Action Man... who remembers THOSE?? haha ... I was just a Barbie fanatic! I had 26 barbies, I had 5 or 6 of the little kids, I had a couple of Ken's, I had all the 'sets' (beach sets, kitchen sets, bathroom sets) ... And I remember buying a new outfit for at least one of my barbies every week! (Because then things like that were cheap from Toy Stores lol)

ANNNNNNNNND who remembers Pogs? Haha... and Tamagotchi's (which did NOT cost £10 for one in those days!!!)... and those weird Alien things that if you apparently put in the same egg together we all thought we'd get a baby alien?

So we've covered movies, toys... what about TV shows? ... Nickelodeon was awesome then... it's rubbish now haha... Kenan and Kel was AMAZING! I will never forget that show... My dad and me used to watch it whenever it was on... Tia and Tamira?? Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and I don't mean the cartoon version. I mean the REAL version where they had a special towel closet and they had Salem the AMAZING talking cat =D haha!! ... RUGRATS!!?? Omg... I miss the Rugrats =[ lol ... There's so many more that I could just sit here and list but I'd be here til next century haha

And I have to throw this in... The 'Spice Girls' !! ... Weren't they just awesome? Haha... I had everything Spice Girls! Spice Girls t-shirt, bags, underwear, pencil cases and all the other stationary accesories, I even had that movie they made! Remember that?!?


The 90's were truly the best. I miss it so much!! Lol... Who else does?!?!?

Thanks for reading,

Chanel
xx

P.S. POWER RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]





1 comment:

  1. omg! go go power rangers!!! haha spice girls i was like their biggest fan my room was plastered with posters and evrywer i went i was singing - if you wanna b my luvva lalalalaaaa hahaha truly nighties babe!!!

    gr8 post!

    u defo put a smile on my face coz i was havin a totally shit day til now!

    ReplyDelete