Uploads by ChanouNumber5

Saturday 20 March 2010

Another contest entry for Princess Pinkcat's Rock the runway contest ...

So this is my second entry for Princess Pinkcat's "Rock the runway" contest and this one, as you can see, is a lot more extravagant that the last. This time I actually did have a rock star as inspiration. Who better, than Toyah Wilcox??

I found this picture by pure coincidence while looking for a picture of her with mad, crazy, colourful make up - the type of make up she used to wear when she was a hit punk rocker in the 80s! But instead - I came across this. It might be a recent picture of her as an actress instead of a punk rocker, but I think it's totally legit for the runway!

I have to say, this contest entry took me the longest to do out of all of them. Even longer than that Venetian Mask that I did, if anyone knows what I'm on about. That one had loads of dots to put around the design, and I thought that was intricate work. Although it may not seem difficult to do (and probably isn't for those of you who were born artists) but the line design on the forehead took me forever to do! And I used a new special little technique that I've recently learnt (im probably late with it, I always am lol) ;) ... but it still took forever, 'cause I just could NOT do the little swirl bit. So I decided to give up and alter the design a bit. You can tell...

Products Used:
EYES:

  • Barry M Kohl Pencil - KP25 Red

  • 120 Pro Palette - Red

  • Barry M Kohl Pencil - KP1 Black

  • 120 Pro Palette - Black
FOREHEAD:

  • Vaseline*

  • Barry M Dazzle Dust - DD66 Black (Black Lines)

  • Collection 2000 Dazzling Gel Liner - 11 Shake it up! (glitter liner over black lines)

  • 2true Eye shadow Dazzlers - Shade No. 9 (Blue lines)

  • Collection 2000 Dazzling Gel Liner - 6 Night Fever (glitter liner over blue lines)

  • Barry M Dazzle Dust - DD44 Bronze (Gold area between blue lines)

  • GOSH Extreme Art Eyeliner - No. 08 (Blue dot in middle of forehead)

  • 120 Pro Palette - White (White streak between lines by temples)
*I used vaseline to make the pigments a coloured liner. Just take a little bit of vaseline onto the back of your hand and mix your preferred coloured pigment into it to make it almost like a gel liner. Simple! =]

FACE:

  • Astral Moisturiser

  • Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer - 4 Deep
LIPS:

  • Barry M Lip Liner - LL3 Red

  • NYC Ultra Last Lipwear - 402B Red Flame

  • Clear lip gloss
That's everything I used, and even the new little technique that I've learnt with vaseline and pigments hehe.

I'll leave you with some more pictures now. Click here to go check out the contest video if you feel to, it's only me talking a little bit about what I did! =]

Enjoy!

Thanks for reading,

Chanel
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment