Uploads by ChanouNumber5

Saturday 31 July 2010

Haul - Barry M

Hey guys!

I've been such a huge fan of Barry M, especially their dazzle dusts and fine glitter dusts, for as long as I can remember. So when I heard that they had released four new dazzle dusts I headed straight down to my local superdrug and had a good ol' look at them!

The four new dazzle dusts, numbered 99 through to 102 are gorgeous and I managed to get my hands on three of them (sadly superdrug was out of DD101 Buff), which is a slight shame but I will be going back or maybe to a different branch to try and get my hands on DD101 Buff hehe.

Along with purchasing three of the new beauties, I picked up DD98 as well, which is petrol black. Here are some pictures and my initial thoughts:

Clockwise:
DD98 - Petrol Black
DD99 - Bright Indigo
DD100 - Brass
DD102 - Burgundy Noir


DD98 Petrol Black - Black based dazzle dust with blue/green shimmer.

In my opinion: I love this colour! It slightly reminds me of Oil Slick by Urban Decay with the difference that the shimmer is blue/green in colour and not boring old white/silver. I think this dazzle dust would make any eyes REALLY dazzle ;)


DD99 Bright Indigo - Bold, dark purple.

In my opinion: A pretty flat colour as there isn't any shimmer, so I don't really know how I feel about this one just yet. I love purples in general so I knew I had to pick it up, but until I try this on my eyes I can't tell you how much I like it. I do however, think it will spice up a purple smokey eye - or even if you choose to wear this dazzle dust with a gold colours. I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun playing around with this one!


DD100 Brass - Dark bronze. (VERY similar to DD45)

In my opinion: Strangely, unlike the other two dazzle dusts (DD99 Bright Indigo and DD102 Burgundy Noir) I've managed to see up close (and not just on the website*) this one is probably the least original and also the one I least like. I wasn't too sure about purchasing this one at first because I thought it was a very similar colour to DD45 Bronze, and I was right, but for some reason I just couldn't part with it. On the other hand, after bringing it home and having a proper think about it, I'm slightly glad that I did still buy it because I think it would go great with both Bright Indigo and Burgundy Noir.

*The pictures of the products on the website do not hold close resemblance to the true colours. My advice would be that if you seem interested in any of these then do go down to your local superdrug store, if you can. However, some of the dazzle dusts are not available in superdrug and therefore are only available to purchase via the website.

DD102 Burgundy Noir - True burgundy dazzle dust with gold and pink shimmer.

In my opinion: This is definitley my favourite dazzle dust out of all the new ones. It's just such a beautiful colour and the gold shimmer running through it makes it an even better colour to wear with most of the original dazzle dusts (DD38 Beige, DD39 Tan, DD49 Fawn etc), while the pink shimmer allows you to be able to wear this dazzle dust with pretty much any pink eyeshadow you can think of! I'm so happy I bought this and cannot wait to use it! It also reminds me of arabic/bollywood make up!

If you have any further questions on any of the products mentioned here today, please feel free to ask.
If you've bought any of these as well then I'd love to hear your thoughts on them - which one's your favourite?

Thanks for reading,

Chanel
xxx

Click here to go to my YouTube channel =]




1 comment:

  1. These look gorgeous, i love the dazzledusts. The last one looks so pretty x

    ReplyDelete