Uploads by ChanouNumber5

Sunday 10 October 2010

MAC Haul: Venomous Villains - Evil Queen











Mirror, Mirror
On The Wall
Who's the fairest,
Of them all?

The famous words of the Evil Queen from the 1937 animated Disney film 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'

I think it'd be a great idea if MAC had to pair up with Disney again, they should have a collection based on the 7 dwarfs haha =P

Anyway... the first item I bought is the eyeshadow in 'Vainglorious' :




I do really like this colour. It's a frost so colour pay off isn't great but it's still a really lovely colour. I filmed a tutorial using it today... and using 'Sweet Joy' from Cruella De Ville as well - perfect for fall and winter. I believe this is a close dupe of Cranberry my MAC =]

Next up is the blush - and this is my FAVOURITE product from the whole collection. It seems to be famous with everyone else as well since it was sold out within hours of the collection going up on the website. I actually had to wait 'til it was out in stores, go to my nearest store for opening time and snatched it straight away. 




This is a Matte blush called 'Bite of an Apple' and it's a really dark coral red colour. Great against my skin tone and would look amazing against darker skin tones too. This would look super super pretty on lighter skin tones as well, but use a light hand other wise you're headed for a right disaster ... although it would be VERY 'Snow White -esque'.

The last thing I got from the collection is the lipglass in 'Strange Potion'






This is a pretty sober coral colour. It is very very pretty. I definitely like it. At first I thought it was a little too bright against my skin tone but it actually works really well, so I'm happy about that hehe.

To see what I got from the other parts of the collection click on the links below:

For a better, more in-depth review of ALL the products in this part of the collection check out Pinkiecharm's video!



No comments:

Post a Comment