Uploads by ChanouNumber5

Sunday 10 October 2010

MAC Haul: Venomous Villains - Cruella De Ville





First up; Cruella De Ville. Personally, I think she's the meanest villain since she skins puppies for their fur! *shock horror* ... Mean, mean lady. She was of course, made famous by the 1961 animated Disney movie 'One Hundred and One Dalmations' and then obviously later on in '102 Dalmations'. 


The first thing I purchased from this part of the collection is the eyeshadow in 'Sweet Joy':




This colour is extremely similar, if not the same, to Ricepaper. So if you have ricepaper than you can skip on this, unless of course you like the packaging. I know the picture of Cruella on the actual eyeshadow plastic packagaing isn't exatlty gasp-worthy but I wanted to get it anyway because I like Cruella (not because she skins puppies but because she is in fact the most evil! If that makes any sense?)

Left to right: Sweet Joy, Ricepaper


Can you see a difference?

Next up is the blush: Darkly My Dear




This is a matte blush and I have to say that I have an undying love for matte blushes, so obviously I love this blush! It's such a great colour. It slightly reminds me of the ELF Blush in Coy but Darkly My Dear has WAY better colour pay off and actually shows up against my skin tone! It's sort of a midtone pink/brown with a very SLIGHT plum brown undertone. So yeah, big thumbs up. 

Okay, so the third thing on my list from the Cruella De Ville section is the lipglass in 'Devilishy Stylish' (if I was doing this haul on camera I guarantee you I wouldn't have been able to say that haha):





Described on the website as a 'light nude with pink pearl'. This is great to use alone on your lips for  shimmery, glossy, simply sexy lips. The picture of Cruella on the lip gloss tube is probably the best one out of all of her pictures on any of the products in her part of the collection. Why? Because the puppies are so darn cuuuuute! hehe

Last thing I got is the lipstick in 'Heartless' ... now this lipstick is a red lipstick to DIE for! 




Speaks for itself right? This has an amplified finish so yes, the colour is similar to Ruby Woo... but I prefer it because the colour pay off is a lot better and it applies way easier!

To see what I got from the other parts of the collection click on the links below:

For a better, more in-depth review of ALL the products in this part of the collection check out Pinkiecharm's video!



No comments:

Post a Comment