I've had loads of requests over the past few years since I've been on youtube, to do a tutorial using blue eyeshadow. I've done one or two using navy but never anything much like this look.
Here are some tips when attempting to pull of blue eyeshadow:
- Find the right shade that suits you. If you're confident with wearing colour then you could probably wear any blue and look great, but for those who aren't so confident with bright, bold colours wear the paler shades. Pale blue is a beautiful shade of blue for any skintone. For those who like dark eyes, use the navy blues.
- Always pair with an earth-toned eyeshadow. Taupes, greys and blacks are perfect with blue. I did use navy blue in this look to add a little bit of depth to the outer-v. Never match a light blue with a conflicting shade of blue though.
- Keep your cheeks and lips nude and natural as you possibly can. This applies to most vibrant eye make up - if you want to keep the attention to the eyes don't pair them with a bright, bold lipstick. It WILL look silly.
So with those tips in hand, here's a look for you to try:
List of products:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24HR - #55 Immortal Charcoal
- Barry M Fine Glitter Dust - #5 and #27
- MAC Burmese Beauty Eyeshadow Quad - Burmese Beauty and Showstopper
- MAC Eyeshadow - Bisque, Contrast
- MAC Eye Kohl - Blooz
- Eylure False Eyelashes #070
- Maybelline Falsies Mascara - Flared
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 - NC42
- MAC Blush - Melba
- Barry M Lip Paint - #136